This Policy is incorporated into and subject to the VoIP-IT Terms of Service. Any capitalized term not defined in the Policy shall have the meaning as set forth in the VoIP-IT Terms of Service. By accessing and/or using our Services you consent to us collecting, processing, storing and sharing information about you in the manners set out in this Policy. If you have any concerns about providing the information to us or having it used in any manner permitted in this Policy you should not use our Services. By downloading the App and/or using the Services you acknowledge you are of legal age.
1. What information about you is collected and how will we use it?
When downloading the App or otherwise start using the Services you are requested to sign in. By signing in you give your consent for us to collect, use and store the following information:
- Phone number
In addition to using this information to be able to provide you with the Services that you request, we use, store and/or may disclose the above listed information as follows:
- To verify your identity (your phone number will be used as CallNow user ID).
- To manage your CallNow account, deliver to you any administrative notices, updates, notifications, alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Service.
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting problems, data analysis, testing, research, improvements to the Services, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other illegal activity.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities.
When you first install the App on your device, you will be asked to allow us access to your address book. If you consent, we will have access to contact information in your address book on the devices you use for the Services (only names and numbers) and we won't store it, simply use it for the following:
- Sync your contacts in the address book on your device with the App.
When you first install the App on your device, you will be asked to allow us access to your Location. If you consent, we will have access to your Location only when you place a call with Active Smart Dialer feature. We will simply use it for the following:
- Check if you are in Roaming, which is the factor the app uses to define the most cost efficient type of call.
In accordance with telecommunications market practice, CallNow collects certain usage statistics, including but not limited to, the phone numbers and/or other identification details of the calling and receiving party, the start time, call duration, call quality, outages (“Call Details”) and maintains a call detail record (“CDR”) for each call that is routed through the system. The Call Details are collected and the CDR maintained for billing purposes and for the purposes of improving the Services and to fulfil our obligations under applicable laws. We may also collect and store information about your usage of, and interaction with, the Services, including calls, information relating thereto, usage of the Service by geographies, device and connection information IP address.
We are collecting such information for the purpose of:
- Improving our Services, for example by helping us fix bugs or by providing Services updates.
- Preventing cheating, crime or fraud (we may also need to pass your information to fraud prevention agencies and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention).
- To create reports and analysis for use by us for the purposes of research or business intelligence, for example to track potential problems or trends with our Services.
- As otherwise expressly set out in this Policy or as required by law.
2. Sharing Information
We will only share your data with third parties (for example, our group companies or suppliers):
With your consent (including as set out in this Policy).
- As reasonably necessary in order to provide the Services to you (for example, by providing information to suppliers we may use to fulfil the Services or to communicate with you).
- Where your data is on an anonymous and aggregated basis, meaning you could not be personally identified from it.
- As we reasonably believe is permitted by law or regulation.
- In order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the CallNow Terms of Service and/or any other agreement with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of CallNow, our users, or others.
- In the event that there is a sale of the assets of VoIP-IT or corporate restructuring, or as a result of a change of control of VoIP-IT or one of its group companies, or in preparation of any of these events. Any third party to which the assets or VoIP-IT (or any group company) is transferred to will have the right to continue to use the information that you provide to us in the manner set out in this Policy.
Your details may be stored and processed in Portugal and where our datacentre is located at the time which VoIP-IT or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using the Services, you consent to any such transfer of the information outside your country.
3. Communications, Notifications etc.
We may send you messages about updates, faults, alerts and other types of issues relating to technical aspects and/or the usability of the App and other parts of the Services.
We may occasionally ask you to provide information on your experiences of using the App or other parts of the Services which will be used to improve the quality and provision of the Services. You are under no obligations to provide any such information. Any and all information which is voluntarily submitted by you in relation to any survey that you take part in is used for the purposes of reviewing this feedback and improving the Services.
VoIP-IT may from time to time contact the client's appointed person through the appropriate information channel indicated by the client to keep you up to date with news about CallNow and the Services.
Protecting user privacy and personally identifiable information is a top priority for VoIP-IT. We make substantial efforts to ensure the privacy of all personally identifiable information collected by us in relation to the provision of the Services to our customers. Although we cannot guarantee that the information will not be subject to unauthorized access, loss or misuse we have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in place to protect the information.
5. Changes to the Policy
We are constantly innovating and looking for new ways to improve our Services. We therefore reserve the right to update or modify this Policy at any time and always notifying the customer to the registered email reflecting such improvements or any other changes to our business. We will post the revised Policy on this page, so that users can always be aware of what information we collect, how the information is used and under what circumstances such information may be disclosed. You agree to review the Policy periodically so that you are aware of any modifications. You agree that your continued use of the Services after we publish a revised Policy constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy. If you do not agree with the terms of the Policy, you should not use the Services.
6. Accessing Your Personal Information
If you would like to view, correct, complete or remove your personal information or if you have any other questions in connection with this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last Revised: February 2018